Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blog Number 1 - Why a blog? Who am I?

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.

About me: In 2002, I started my career in medicine as Family Physician, but saw the light soon after residency and followed that with a 2-year EM fellowship completed in 2006. I currently work in the trenches, jumping from country to country, blending in with the local talents in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care and learning their techniques and skills. Over the years, I have worked in very diverse settings, from large university centers to rural and remote locations covering different countries in 4 continents.

Why a blog: For the last 10 years I have been collecting articles, pictures, EKG's, commentaries, editorials and links containing useful information and teachings about Emergency Medicine and other related topics. I have also shared many of them by email to a small group of fellow physicians, nurses, medical students and other health care professionals interested in these topics. In the current era of easy access to information, the only logical move forward is to start a blog. So, this is it! Feel free to comment and add other information that will enrich the experience of every one visiting. You can also contact me using my profile page or at adan.atriham@gmail.com. I strongly believe that by sharing knowledge and opinions is the only way to improve the delivery of medical care to our patients across the globe.

Disclaimer: I have no relationships with any institution, company or association, and receive no funding or financial contribution from anyone. Whatever I write in this blog is purely based on my reading of the evidence (when available) and/or personal opinion based on my experience. Any cases discussed in this blog are cases in which I have been involved as primary provider or in consultation with other colleagues in any of the multiple hospitals I have practiced or currently practice, and all identifiable information was been removed or modified. Although anyone is welcome to visit, this blog is mostly written for health care professionals and it is not my intention to provide treatment advice but rather a source of useful information that when used with clinical judgment may help improving patient care.


No comments:

Post a Comment