Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Angry Patient



The main reason of me writing this blog is to share clinical information and comment about emergency medicine related topics; however, from time to time I get a little philosophical or find other topics indirectly related to the practice of medicine. This post is in the latter category. The interaction with an angry patient is that kind of encounter that can sour your entire day, mess up with your judgment and ruin your mood. In the ED we have quite a few of those on daily basis. Over the years, I have developed my own way to deal with this type of situations, but my method is not nearly as good as the one on this video. This dude brakes it down so well, that I am even looking forward to use this new skill during my next angry bird encounter (you play angry birds too, don't you?).



Here is the protocol: http://thehappymd.web13.hubspot.com/Portals/263814/Docoments/universalupsetpersonprotocol.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment